Monday 8 February 2010

Priceless Antiques Roadshow II

The excellent and highly enjoyable Priceless Antiques Roadshow continues its second series on BBC2 at 6.30pm. If you've missed any, catch up online on iPlayer. If you missed the episode I was in and mentioned below, here's what I bought for the ceramics challenge. I was delighted with my find, and feel pretty comfortable in saying that the £11 I paid was a real bargain.
Last Monday my friend and Roadshow colleague Andy McConnell appeared on the show in a spot I really enjoyed. Regular viewers will love Andy's fascinating glass valuations, and his passion for glass is clear. Although he's a renowned expert in the field, he had never actually made any glass himself, despite having watched it being made many times before. So he visited Isle of Wight Studio Glass to work under one of Britain's most skilled and experienced master glassmakers, and a friend of mine, Timothy Harris. The results are educational, informative and quite frankly sometimes hilarious. I really think he did a great job, with incredible results, so click here to see how he got on.

1 comment:

TUSEN VASER said...

Wowwww, understand why you look so happy. A great piece of vase, would love to find one.
Greetings Cinna